Thursday, October 04, 2007

Just in case...

...you ever need to know: A 5'10 adult CAN fit into the higher tunnels in the McDonald's play area. More on that in a minute.

We went to the library to take them to toddler story time and they had a lot of fun. When we were done I wanted to look at a few books for myself. I was looking at the cookbooks and I noticed Macie running around and my aunt was trying to catch her. She was fast. I stopped looking and had to run after her but I couldn't catch her either. So I ended up using my meanest mommy voice and calling her back to me. She still didn't listen but I eventually caught her. So the entire library heard me get onto my child and knew that I had lost control. Lovely. Once I got her I picked her up and we left. On the way out she knew how mad I was and started trying to save herself by saying " I'll not do it again mommy!" She knew she was about to lose her Happy Meal for being bad. I had a serious talk with her outside and she seemed to understand why she can't behave like that so we went to McDonald's.

They had a lot of fun and they were good there but my oldest got a little too ambitious and started climbing all the way up to get to the tallest section. She completely freaked on the way up and she was too scared to come back down so guess what I got to do. Yep that's right. I got to bend in ways I didn't know I could to get up there and get her down. Of course she was over it in about 5 minutes but my aunt could not stop laughing at seeing me crawl out of the tunnels. That is how my day went. Aren't toddlers fun??

No comments: