Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!


We had a wonderful day filled with Easter egg hunts, playing outside and eating candy until we felt sick. By the time we left my family's house little man's shirt was covered in chocolate and all 3 of them were filthy. They played outside a LOT and ate a bunch of chocolate.( Hey it is Easter I couldn't say no right?)

Then we went over to my in-laws house and they played just as hard. It felt SO good to come home. Hubby had to work today unfortunately but we made it home at the exact same time somehow. He said he had a surprise for them so we sat on the couch and he revealed a new movie for each one of them. It was SO sweet and unexpected. ( I had spent a fortune on them already.) He bought Barbie Mariposa, a Backyardigans movie and a Bob the Builder movie. We really did have a great day. Long but great.

I bought the kids a children's Bible as our gift to them and they LOVED it. I read the first story in it tonight and it makes me so happy to know that my kids are starting to understand and are wanting to learn about God and Jesus. It really makes me smile.

All in all a great day. I took about 70 pictures but I couldn't decide which to post tonight. I might share some more tommorow. Happy Easter!!

2 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter! How sweet of your DH to surprise the kids with those movies. :)

Shawna said...

Looks like they had a wonderful Easter! And how sweet of their Daddy to bring them new movies! My girls love getting new movies - they got Enchanted but we haven't had a chance to watch it yet! And Kelsie has the same exact outfit Makayla has on it that photo! Target has the cutest girls clothes!