Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Loving crochet



Last night I finished my sixth granny square. Now I can see how it is looking. When I put them together on the floor this morning a bolt of excitement ran through me. I can just picture 100 of them crocheted together to make our blanket.

My mom made all 3 of the kids a crocheted blanket before they were born. Little did any of us know how obsessed all 3 of my kids would be with their blankets. They are as much a part of our family as we are.

The thought of being able to do that for my grandkids( at least 30 years from now) really makes me happy. I never thought I would be able to do this and now I am cranking these out with no problems. The kids are already excited about the finished product. The boy feels the need to hug and kiss every square as soon as I complete them. I have tried to tell them it is going to be a long time before it is all done but they aren't really listening to that. I love that my kids are so into art and hobbies. Our family has to be creative. It is in our DNA. My aunt is the most amazing artist and used to have her paintings in local galleries. It is just who we are.

I can't wait until I crochet that last round onto my throw. I am dreaming about it daily. I still can't believe that I have learned this. It feels so good to set your mind to something and then make it happen. Hopefully this blanket will become a part of our family as well. Maybe I will even be able to tuck my grandkids in with it on nights they stay with us. Did I mention I am loving crochet?

5 comments:

Antonia said...

Keep it going! Can't wait to see the finish project!

Cassandra said...

Your so clever! I have never been good at knitting or anything of the like, I cant to see it when its finished :-)

Sarah Coggins said...

It's looking great! I love the design and bright, cheery colors. :) How sweet that your kids are enjoying this process so much as well.

mitsib said...

crochet blankies are the best...i have one my grandma made, i think it must be about 50 years old or so.....i have 4 on the go at the moement, i have finished 2 i think, keep going you will get there as long as you dont start another like me!

Stacia Howard said...

I love the colors your using! I can't wait to see it all done! Have fun!