Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Target toys

For Christmas hubby's grandparents sent each of the kids $5. They have a TON of people/grand kids to shop for each year so we think it is really sweet that they think of our kids since they only see them maybe once a year. I had promised the kids that we could go to the store after school today to pick out some toys.

I knew the price was going to be an issue on EVERYTHING that they wanted. I was right. I called hubby in the middle of it because I was getting tired of telling them no to everything they wanted. After spending so much on Christmas I didn't really want to fill in the cost of the toys they were asking for. Luckily right as I hung up with hubby they found stuff that they loved. Makayla has been "texting" using a calculator( creative or what?) so when I pointed out the play cell phone ($4.99) she was thrilled. Macie spied a pair of high heel dress up shoes ($4.99) and the boy found a motorcycle he loved( $3.49) and a hot wheels motorcycle ($.99).

They are beyond thrilled. Makes me think about the insane amount of money we spent on Christmas. $5 toys rock!!

3 comments:

Maria said...

My kids are the same way! We spend all kinds of money on cool toys for them, and then it's $5 or even dollar store stuff that they really love. Crazy!

Candy Hart said...

I love the shoes!!! Looks like your daughter is going to be a shoe girl when she gets older!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

She looks like such a big girl with that cell phone!!!!!