Sunday, April 02, 2006

Stupid Peanuts

It is a constant battle to keep dd#2 away from nuts. Just when we think we have it under control another holiday has to come up and ruin it for her. Almost all of the chocolate out there is manufactured on the same equipment as nuts. Today the girls opened their Easter gifts from MIL and FIL since they are going on a trip to England tomorrow. DD was so excited to see her little plastic filled eggs with candy in it. Well unfortunately I had to run into the kitchen and empty everything out into our cookie jar before I could let either one of them have it. I am so afraid dd#1 is going to one day sneak her sister something with nuts in it w/o me knowing. It is not easy knowing that I may one day have to use an Epi-pen on my child. It scares the hell out of me. I know there are children that have a more severe reaction to it than mine does but with every reaction it gets worse. The thought of one day shipping her off to school is terrifying. What if a classmate brings peanut butter to school and dd comes in contact with it?

It just isn't fair. My poor baby can't even eat at Chick-fil-A because they use peanut oil to fry everything. No one in either side of our families has an allergy like this. Hers just developed. I really wish I could have it instead of her. When she gets older and a boyfriend gives her a box of chocoloates for Valentines she is going to have to kindly tell him she can't eat it. I just can't help but worry ALL the time about it.

No comments: