Monday, April 03, 2006

The chocolate incident

Well sure enough this morning my 2.5 yr. old woke up, walked ever so quietly down the hallway into the kitchen, climbed onto a toy and reached up onto the kitchen counter to grab all the chocolate I had to take away from her sister. I didn't even realize what she had done until I opened my eyes just in time to see her running back to her room. I immediately knew she was up to something. I asked her what she had done and she told me " I ate chocolate." My first thought was "Oh $hit!! I asked her if she gave any to her sister and she said yes. I panicked and ran in there but she hadn't given her any. Then tonight I must have overlooked a stash of hers in her room from this morning because she had chocolate on her face. So I ran back in there to find my youngest eating a little piece. I didn't panic. I just calmly went to get the Benadryl just in case. I dosed her up to make absolutely sure she was fine. I read on the box again and it said it may contain peanuts. I think it is ok though since she didn't react. She had to have come in contact with it in their room this morning somehow anyways and she was perfectly fine. So we dodged the bullet this time. Time for our ultra strong, screw in the wall baby gate for the kitchen.

No comments: