Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A calm to the storm



Bedtime around our house has not been pleasant since we moved our oldest into her big girl bed about a year ago. It got worse when she was sick this month and I let her sleep with me. Lately it has been horrific. Bedtime is a dreaded event and it really causes chaos within our family.

Yesterday I was re-organizing the girls room and I had an idea. I moved her big girl bed from being in the middle of the room open on both sides to one corner where she had the added security she wanted. So last night we tried it. We kissed her good night. Tucked her in. Turned off the light and shut the door halfway. To our surprise...NOT A SOUND CAME OUT OF THAT ROOM. We could not believe it!!!!! I really think that she needed the added security of the wall right there. Finally we get some calm bedtimes around here:)

Ignore the water stains on the wall. We have to repaint over the damage my girls inflicted. That was the big highlight of our day. I just cleaned, re-organized and got more stuff ready to sell yesterday. I really did get a lot done though. It's amazing how much can be done when someone else has your kids.

Now we are moving forward with decorating the kids room. They are so fun to decorate because everything is bright and cheerful. Hopefully it will be done in July. We are waiting until we buy our youngest dd her big girl bed.

1 comment:

Tina said...

A good night's sleep is so precious!

We have that same Nemo. :)