Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Maintenance Emergency!

Last night hubby comes in our room at 2:30 a.m and tells me to get up because we have an emergency. In a haze I pop up thinking one of our children is hurt or the building is on fire or something. Nope. Our fridge was leaking. I have problems sleeping anyways and I had just fallen asleep when he did this. I got up and went to look. Sure enough our kitchen floor was soaked and I heard a weird noise coming from it. DH had pulled it out a little but it was me who discovered it was the ice maker leaking. When I opened it up I could see that it was messed up. Leave it to woman to figure it out right?

So I called the maintanence emergency number(one reason I LOVE being in an apt.) and they told us they would be out. They didn't come. DH stayed up until 4:00 waiting for them. So this morning I called the office and told them we still hadn't had anyone come out. She apologized and within 10 minutes maintenance was here. He fixed it!! Yippee.

After I woke up last night I could NOT go back to sleep. It wasn't until about 4:00 that I finally feel back asleep and then my oldest woke up at 7 :00. I am beyond exhausted but I did get a nap in today. On a happier note I finished our laundry!! I did about 12 loads. Washed, dried and put up!! Yeah for me:)

No comments: