Saturday, August 12, 2006

Do not attempt

If you have 2 or more toddlers the best advice I can give you is to not attempt to take them both grocery shopping with you. Today my aunt and I packed up the kids and headed to Wal-Mart. We stopped and ate at Whataburger first. That went pretty well. Then we were on our way to do the shopping. The first few minutes in the store went very well. We both had a basket and my girls were each in one. Well then my 3 year old started getting made whenever we put stuff in her basket. She was in the big part so she was not a happy camper when stuff started invading her space.

Finally I started trying to hurry for my sanity and for my aunt's. My aunt stopped in a corner with both baskets so I could run and get a few last things. I was down the next aisle on the opposite end and I heard kids start wailing. I knew right away that those cries were coming from MY children. So I ran back and my aunt was comforting both of them. My 2 year old had kicked her sisters fingers when she had them on the side of her basket and then both girls started crying from being so tired and miserable. So that was it.

Naturally the checkout lanes were all backed up for miles. It took about 15 minutes to ring up my 2 baskets of stuff. While we were up at the front you could hear the echoes of unhappy babies and children everywhere. It didn't matter which way you turned. Your eyes would be right on another child throwing a tantrum or just crying from being tired. Thankfully we made it out alive but just barely.

Wouldn't you know that I forgot my prescription refill as well? On top of that I was trying to do the majority of our shopping for the month and instead I walked out with not even 2 weeks worth. Oh well...I should've known how unpredictable life with kids can be.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ugh! My motto is to try never to take *any* child shopping, no matter what age! Sorry you had to do it with toddlers no less!