Monday, July 14, 2008

Something right

Today was a pretty rough day. The kids got into everything under the sun and hubby is stressing about some stuff I can't really help him with. It was a stressful day.

But when I turned around and saw this I knew I must be doing something right. The girls sat down on the couch together and Makayla was reading one of their favorite library books to Macie. This pulled at my heart.

My girls love each other. They know they are loved by us. They know they are safe. All is well in our home tonight.

4 comments:

Beka said...

You should never doubt yourself, you are an awesome mom!!! And your kids are so dang cute, you can't help but love em!!!

Ariana Sullivan said...

Isn't that the craziest part of motherhood? They can be so awful one second, driving you crazy, and then you turn around and think that they couldn't get any sweeter!

I am glad you got a picture of it. They do look so sweet.

Lesley said...

Hi!

I popped over from Dawn's blog. I love your blog and can really relate to alot of your feelings and life!

Your kids are precious!! You are right, those sweet moments between siblings make all of the chaos and stress go away and give a sense of "Yes!! I am doing something right!" I couldn't agree more!

Lesley :-)

Antonia said...

That is so sweet! :)

Of course they love each other and I know they know they are loved.