The last few weeks I have been rather discontent. It hasn't necessarily been my family or friends but just life in general. If I wasn't tied down to my family here this would be the point when I packed up the kids and hubby and moved to a foreign country to start a brand new life. Basically it has felt like a mid life crisis even though God willing 25 is not the middle of my life.
So the last few weeks I have been thinking. Thinking about changes I want to make. Thinking about how I want my life to be. I realized a few nights ago that it is really pretty simple. I want to live a lighter life. I want to work on our debts, save more money, eat healthier, have less of an impact on our environment and live without unnecessary clutter.
All of these things are possible. You just have to have the discipline to start them. So I have decided to give myself a one month challenge. I am going to be pretty hard on myself because if I am not I know I will give up in about a day or 2. So here are the rules for my personal challenge.
1. Clear out unnecessary clutter from my home. Give away or sell.
2. Work on paying off our debts. Personal ones to family will be paid off first.
3. Put money aside instead of spending it the day I get paid.
4. Eat healthier. Lately all I have been really wanting is fruit and salads. So I am going to run with this. I also bought some tea last night even though I am not a big tea drinker because it is way healthier than 5 cans of Coke a day.
5. Use ONLY reusable grocery bags. I have 5 of them but always forget to bring them with me. Last night I bought 2 that fold small enough to go in my purse so even when I buy little things I will be able to use them.
6. Recycle when I can. We have been saving all of our cans for recycling.
7. If possible buy used. Shop at resale shops whenever I can. I am actually one of those people that LOVE shopping at resale shops. It can be so much fun to find exactly what you need.
8. Watch what I spend in stores such as Walmart and Target. Make a list of stuff I need and stick to it.
These are just beginning guidelines. I am going to do this for one month and see how I feel afterwards. Maybe these small things will have a big impact on me. I am actually really excited about all of it. And of course I will post my progress as I go along. So here I go. Wish me luck.
And before I forget... Mere challenged me so that is below this post. :)