Thursday, November 20, 2008

Progress



This picture has significance for 2 reasons. The first one being that I did our grocery shopping for the week and used all of my reusable bags. I even left the store without putting the bag of apples or potatoes in a plastic bag. I did have to use I think 2 plastic ones because I didn't have enough reusable ones yet but that is still really good. I think I am starting to get the hang of using them now.

The second reason is that there is an 18 pound turkey sitting on my table. Why is this significant you ask? Well I have NEVER made a turkey before. I haven't even watched the entire process before. Sure I would stumble into the kitchen a few times when my aunt and grandma were working on our Thanksgiving bird but that is it. I got a coupon for a free 10-16 pound turkey and went to use it last night. They were all out of the free size ones so the guy in the meat department told me to get whatever and I would just have to pay the difference. So basically I got an 18 pounder for $2!! My aunt promises to walk me through it. I am planning on making him sometime in early December as a treat for us.

I also came up with a super thrifty way to make an advent calendar. I will share that in the next few days. Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Stacia Howard said...

You're doing great! And what a steal on the turkey! Praying for you sweetie! Hope all is well & good luck on your journey!

pakosta said...

good for yoU! i love your challenge! we recycle pretty much everything! at the end of the week, we maybe have 2 bags of garbage, but 2 recycle bins FULL! I really want to get the fabric bags for groceries! thanks for the motivation! and i am also trying to eat healthier. i am down 7lbs in 3 weeks, it's not much, but it's progress! good luc!K i will check back in here to stay motivated!
tara

linda said...

Good for you.. We also recycle just about everything, we are also trying to eat healthier around here and are cutting way back on our expenses.. I am looking forward to seeing the advent calendar..

Antonia said...

Great deal on the turkey!! You better bring me some when you are done! hahaha...

I would always forget the reusable bags if I had any, so no use for me! lol