Friday, December 05, 2008

Great cookies

I have discovered that once you use a Kitchen Aid mixer you just can't stop. I finally found the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. It is from the Gifts from a Jar cookbook I bought from the school fundraiser. These are delicious.

Triple Chip Cookie Mix:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 c. butterscotch or peanut butter chips

1 cup butter,softened
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Pour cookie mixture into butter mixture and mix until well blended.

Drop dough by scant 1/8 cupfuls onto cookie sheet. Lightly flatten dough with fingertips. Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are set and light brown.

*SIDE NOTE* I am not a big fan of butterscotch and I don't use peanut butter because of Macie. I simply doubled the white chocolate chips to make up for it. You can play with the chip amounts as long as you end up with 3 cups.

And here is a pic of the boy enjoying hot cocoa and a candy cane the other night. It was one of our advent calendar activities. And yes...my son is wearing an orange necklace. Apparently his sisters wanted him to make a fashion statement.

2 comments:

linda said...

I will have to remember to pick up some peanut butter chips this weekend and try that recipe.. My kitchenaid is getting a good workout this week..

Cassandra said...

Ooh i am so going to try that recipe !! yum!
and i love your sons fasion statement LOL