Monday, December 15, 2008

Sick baby boy

The boy spent the night at my in-laws last night. Then this morning I get a call that he is very sick and throwing up. So my mother-in-law brought him home. He is not feeling good at all. He can't keep anything down. To top it off he had to leave his crocheted blanket at my in-laws because he threw up on it. My MIL had bought him a new Disney cars blanket and pillow for Christmas so she let him bring it home.

I made a sweet cozy little bed for him and put in his other Cars blanket as well as some of our best baby quilts. Well that lasted about 5 minutes. Now they are all in the wash and he doesn't have any of his favorite blankies which makes for a very cranky baby boy. Now I know that I have to put them in one at a time so when one is in the wash he can still have the other.

To top it all off it is supposed to get very cold again tonight and he only has a few really warm sets of jammies.This weather is very rare so we don't really stock up on fleece pj's. It is going to be a challenge to keep a fussy, vomitting, cranky 2 year old warm tonight. It breaks my heart when he is sick like this. He cuddles up to me and just cries and says "Mommy. Mommy." in his little whimpering voice. I will probably be MIA for a few days. I have to get my baby back to feeling super.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Aww poor little guy! Hope Mason's feeling better soon :)

Mere said...

Poor boy :( I hate seeing sick kids :( miss you too. Talk soon

Antonia said...

Aww,I hope Mason is better soon!! Kiss him for me!