Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rainy Days

Rainy days never fail to inspire me. The last few days here have been completely rainy and dark and I could not be happier. I spent all day yesterday cleaning and baking and spending time with the kids. I made lemon bread that was fantastic and did 6 loads of laundry.

Today is another rainy day! I wish every day could be like these. I am continuing my cleaning frenzy and hope to be done in the kids room soon.

I think I have the Spring cleaning bug right now. Really I think I just want to be done with all of the boxes and inconvenience of moving. Today I am going to knock out a huge to-do list. But I will be enjoying it because my entire house is filled with the smell of Stargazers and Roses that are both blooming beautifully despite the fact that the boy knocked the vase over this morning. Thankfully nothing broke.

Anyone else started Spring cleaning yet??

3 comments:

Beka said...

NO spring cleaning here yet, but we have been working on projects outside. Trying to finish a bunch of stuff. I'm going to start the cleaning soon. Your roses are still beautiful!!

And I hate rainy weather lol.

Sarah Coggins said...

Spring cleaning...nesting...whatever you want to call it, I've been on a roll the last few weeks. :D Your kitchen area is so pretty - love those plates on the wall. Good luck at knocking out the to-do list!

Antonia said...

It is spring cleaning every other day here! lol

Pretty flowers :) Chey did good, huh? :)

I love rainy days too, but they would be so much better if I could have just stayed in bed or in the house.. except have had to work. :( Oh well, money is good!

OOOO Lemon bread sounds great!!! Make me some and bring it to me please!!! I love you!