Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Strep Headquarters

That is what I am going to call our home for the next 48 hours. DD took a turn for the worse last night and then this morning she had a rash that looked like when she had Scarlett fever. So off we went to the doc this morning. Sure enough...strep. Thankfully it wasn't Scarlett fever this time. My cell phone also broke while we were out and then my car broke down. Yep...I was stranded. Thank god we were in a VERY high traffic area and the nice man behind me got it started. What a day. Turns out it wasn't my phone. It was the stupid network. We took it in to have it fixed and they told us they were having a ton of problems and getting a bunch of calls about it. Figures it would be the day I needed it the most. When I got home DH was sick. He had been throwing up while he was watching dd#2. So far her and I are the only ones not sick but I feel kinda crappy. I HATE Strep. DD is on Amoxicillian for the next 10 days. This is just not our day.

I stayed up half the night watching dd because I was so worried about her. She kept trying to swallow in her sleep and I could see how bad it hurt her by her facial expressions. I just keep praying that the antibiotics kick in REALLY soon and that the rest of us can fight it.

I have decided to start stocking up on canned goods,etc. I want to be prepared for a natural disaster or anything else that we might need it for. I would MUCH rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I am also finally starting to get a little bit of control over the house again. It is taking some time but will be worth it in the end.

Oh yea.... Did I mention that dd#2 is starting her terrible two's? This is seriously not our week.

No comments: