Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Menu Plan

All 3 of my kids have been bathed and tucked away snuggly in bed so I can take a few minutes to share how I do my menu planning. I don't do it like most people. I hate planning it day by day because sometimes I would have something planned for a certain day and then that morning it just did not sound good to me and then my plan would be thrown off. I have found that what works best for me is just writing down dinners randomly and crossing them off as I pick them. For example, this week my plan said:

1. spaghetti
2. hamburgers
3. sausage
4. lasagna
5. roasted chicken ravioli
6. steak
7. tacos

Tonight we had hamburgers so I just marked it off the list. I still know what we have available but I can pick according to what we feel like that night. I also do not right down side dishes. I keep all sorts of pastas, rice, veggies and fruits on hand so I decide on those while I am preparing the main course. It is just easier to me that way. It doesn't take me very long to do my plan either. It isn't the most technical system but it works for us. I also don't plan breakfast or lunch because we always have stuff for those meals in the pantry , fridge or freezer. Just wanted to share that with you. I will try to post a few favorite recipes soon. Night.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

that is so smart.... funny i make a meal plan then im terrifed to venture off the plan...ya Im crazy like that! ha so this would work great for me.... off to make my plan!

Beka said...

I so love this idea. I always plan out each night, but then if it doesn't happened, I'm so stressed cause the schedule got off. I'm loving this idea. Thanks for sharing!!!

Stacia Howard said...

That's very close to how I do mine as well. I could not deal with having to have what the menu said I had to have for that day. So I too just write down what I plan on for the next week or so. =)