Friday, August 29, 2008

Domestication

Tonight at Target I bought something that I never thought I would want. I bought an apron. I have been wanting one and then tonight I finally caved. I also got a matching pot holder which is SO cute. Since I plan on participating in the 30 Days of Nothing challenge I will be cooking from scratch more so I might as well look the part.

Besides that I figure it is my next step in working to be a better wife/mom/homemaker. I tell you Proverbs 31 really had an impact on me. Anyways... I hope this apron will inspire me to get in the kitchen more. I LOVE the pattern and I will admit I like how I feel in it. Everyone has heard the quote "Whatever you are be a good one." It has finally hit me.


For the first time in my life I am embracing what I am. I complain so much about the kids, laundry, house and cooking but when I stop to really think about it I realize that this IS my job. It is what I choose to be. What I want to be in life. So I am embracing it. Hopefully I will whine less during my learning but I make no promises. Hehe.


And for good measure I am throwing in a pic of me in my apron since I never post myself on here. I don't completely hate how it turned out even though the lighting was horrible since I was in the bathroom. And the pics behind me are ones Makayla colored so I have to display them in there. Doesn't really go with my colors but I still have to show off my little artist.

So the next few months are going to get interesting. In truth I know I can cook. I just don't like to. How great would it be if I could cook great AND enjoy it? Domestication here I come!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

That is wonderful!! You look great in the apron and I hope you do great with cooking every night! I wish I would do that!!! Great post!

Stacia Howard said...

So cute! And you are so pretty, you should post more pics of yourself! Im totally getting into wife & mommy mode as well so I understand where you are coming from. And I would love to send the girls some bows if you feel comfortable sending me your address. I would be more than happy to send a few y'alls way just for being such a sweet blog friend! =)

Antonia said...

Cute Apron! You are gonna LOVE what I am getting you for your b-day!!! :)

Yes, you are a good cook, I have tested your food! lol

Ariana Sullivan said...

It's so trippy seeing a picture of YOU! I think Macie looks SO much like you!
Love the apron. I've been meaning to get one, too. It's funny because lately I've been doing the same thinking as you- embracing things because they certainly won't change! I even started a new blog for it (but only I can read it- it's kinda my journal. lol)