Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Linens and A Twilight quiz

I am a big fan of having plenty of linens in a home. I can't tell you the number of times we have needed to change the sheets on all 3 of the kids beds in the middle of the night. This is especially true when a stomach virus is invading our home. Same goes for towels. We have 30 towels(at last count but I might have gotten rid of a few now) and all of them get used constantly. Like I said...I am a big fan of linens.

What I am not a fan of is having tons of sheets, blankets,etc. all thrown in a closet together. You can't tell what you have and if you are in the dark in the middle of the night you might as well forget about it. Lately I have been all about purging and organizing. Fall just gets me in the mood and then there is no stopping me. Today I hit the kids room. One of the tasks I completed was their linens. They were all folded on their shelf but not organized. Now I know exactly where everything is and I will have no trouble finding it.

I keep a bunch of blankets because they come in very handy when company is staying over. Plus some of them are very special to us. On their shelf from left to right:

Heavy blankets/quilts
fitted sheets
flat sheets
pillow cases

I am feeling great about all the purging I am doing. I even took the kids 18 gallon storage bin of play food/kitchen stuff and condensed it down to 1 of the very small storage containers. Anything broken or old went. They still have more than enough to host a catering event but we are not overwhelmed by the huge 18 gallon box anymore. This is feeling great. I just love this time of year and the energy it brings.

Before I forget..Twilight fans...My step sister posted a fun quiz to take to see which character you are. I posted mine on the sidebar and if you click on it it will take you to the site to take the quiz as well. I am an Esme. I already knew that though. :)


5 comments:

blogbomber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Antonia said...

blogbomber...who the hell are you???

You need to get a life and leave people alone!!!


Yes, it is a good idea to have extra linen, I learned that when I had 4 extra people staying with us during the hurricane! Well, after the fact! lol

Sounds like a lot of dishes are gone..go you! :)

Sarah Coggins said...

Such pretty, organized piles. :) We also keep lots of linens on hand. I learned from the disaster of both floors of my house being flooded 4 years ago that there is never such a thing as too few towels. My linen closet is tiny though so all the extras are in a rubbermaid box in the attic.

Way to go on the purging! I'm trying to do a bit of that myself.

Beka said...

I'm an Esme too, congrats on the organizing, I'm fixing to start my house too!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Ok, when you are finished with your house you can come help me organize mine.....I soooo need to get some organizing done!