Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Snuggle Happy

I love the cold. I thrive in it. Nine months out of the year I am completely miserable. This year it has been looking like we would all be enjoying Thanksgiving in flip flops and shorts. The cold just wouldn't come. We have had a few nights that were chilly but not REAL holiday weather. Well last night changed all that. It got down to 42 degrees. I adore the holidays. I just haven't been able to get in the mood with the hot weather. Last night we let Davy and Jack in to sleep with us since it was so cold. Limo also made his way onto the bed.

Now I know I have said before that Davy and Jack prefer me where as Limo prefers hubby. When we were all in bed last night we realized that all THREE of them were sleeping directly on top of me. Literally on top. I had one on my legs. One pressed up against my back and one directly under my...well lets just say between my back and legs. Hubby thought it was hilarious. I was not so amused since I could not turn or move at all. I was completely stuck in my position. I probably could have resisted and kicked them of the bed or made them move down lower but I was so exhausted I just didn't have the energy. So I feel asleep.

I woke up several times due to being uncomfortable but I just smiled softly and went back to sleep. I realized that it is actually really sweet. Our animals love us. They are loyal to us. They are happy with us. Isn't that a sweet thought? I am such a lucky girl. It makes me appreciate the things we have even more. Without a yard there is no way we could have taken on three dogs. Little blessings are constantly unfolding from the big ones.

Now I can't wait for the holidays. I am completely in the mood. The weather is fantastic and what could be cozier than snuggling up in a bed full of fluffy blankets and comforters, three dogs and a husband that I love more than words can say? Not to mention the three sleeping kiddos all cozy and snuggled up in the next room.

3 comments:

Antonia said...

you have more patience with animals then I do. I would have knocked them off my bed, there aint no dog gonna make me sleep uncomforable in my bed! LOL!!!

I am so in love with the cold weather.. it is like an affair! haha

Candy Hart said...

Wow it sounds like you have a bed full!! Dogs are really great bun warmers arent they?!!!

Sarah Coggins said...

Both of our cats jump into bed on cold nights and prefer to sleep on me than DH. I'll wake up with my toes going numb from their weight on my legs. LOL